Share |

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Eye Level

When shooting people, I think it is always good to shoot at same eye level. It applies to kids' photos too. So to take some decent photos of kids, squating down is a must!

Rather than waiting for kids to lift their heads up looking at the camera, squating down bring the camera to kids' eye level, which attracted their attention to certain extend. At least I felt that they look at the camera more often than while I was standing up. That made it easier for me to snap their photos.

There were things to look out for when squating down. Kids like running around. I had to be aware that the kids might run into my camera (next, you would be hearing some loud cry~). The kids pushed me and leant on me. So I had to be stable too...

It was tiring to squat down and take photos~ And since kids were running around all the time, I needed to keep varying the focal length and turned my head very often to snap them.

Tiring, but fun!


Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/kcshashin/MothersAndKidsShots2May2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment